CREAMY KIMCHI RISOTTO
- PKWK kimchi 1 can
- 1 cup calrose rice or arborio
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- ½ cup diced small onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 8-10 button mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1200ml vegetable or chicken stock (low sodium preferred)
- 200ml dry white wine
- 100ml cream
- 1-1.5 cup parmigiano reggiano
- Prepare stock and set aside.
- Then heat a large pan on medium high heat.
- Add olive oil and add in your onions, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Saute until the onions become translucent, about 2 minutes.
- Add in the mushrooms and saute, let them sweat.
- Next add in the uncooked rice.
- Cook the rice for about 1-2 minutes.
- Then add the wine and mix well.
- Once the wine evaporates, add PKWK kimchi and stir well.
- Then pour in one ladle full of stock.
- Keep stirring as the rice soaks up the stock.
- The rice will become creamier.
- After continuous stirring and with 50% less stock, add another ladle full.
- Repeat steps 11-13 until the rice is fully cooked, this should take about 20 minutes.
Don’t forget to keep stirring and tasting as it cooks.
- When the rice is fully cooked add in cream and stir well.
- Serve hot with generous amounts of grated parmigiano.